Thursday, March 1, 2018

Zendalas and Filming Time

Once I started learning how to mandalas, I had a goal of figuring out how to incorporate patterns within the Mandalas. The result is a product called Zendala. I had done a few of these Zendalas before but while I was sick one day, I wanted to work on a piece that was a little more intricate and technical. I decided to fill a page with these Zendalas that are both overlapping and intersecting.

This video is different as it's just a series of scanned images instead of a timelapse drawing. Being sick at the time, I didn't want to draw at my desk so I just sat on the couch huddled under my blanket and scanning the progress of the drawing every hour until it was finished. I don't like this way of filming but it is convenient when I want to draw and upload a video but I'm not feeling well enough to sit at my desk for hours.

When I talk about how long it takes to draw a piece, you can usually double that time for how long I am actually sitting at my desk. This has a lot to do with the fact that I have ADD and it's very difficult for me to focus on a project for an extended period of time when I'm not on medication.

This type of Zendala project is one I've done a few times but it does take a long time so it's not something I do very often. Watching this video again has made me want to try doing another project like this sometime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment