Thursday, March 29, 2018

Blended Sharpie Tangle

Sometimes spending a little extra time is really worth the effort. Blending Sharpies can be a time-consuming process but I don't think I have ever regretted putting the extra time in.

Just like with shading with pencil, it adds dimension to the drawing. I actually like shading/blending with Sharpies better than just shading with pencil because of the bold colors. There are times where I might be criticized for the colors that I choose because they don't match or "go together." Putting miss-matched colors together is one of my favorite things to do because you never see certain colors together and doing so makes my art stand out...or at least that's what I tell myself.

Lately when I've been blending Sharpies, I choose just a few patterns to blend instead of all of them. This makes it so that the patterns I choose to blend stand out more than the other patterns. Also, another benefit to doing it this way, is that it doesn't take quite as much time to finish the drawing.

In the video below, the drawing probably only took about an hour but the blending of the Sharpies added at least another two hours. I really like this little drawing, and apparently it's well-liked around the internet as this is one of my most viewed videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment