Thursday, February 1, 2018

5 Hour Zentangle-Developing My Style

This tangle is really when I started developing my Freeform Tangle style. That is, using the patterns without the separation of a "string" that the Zentangle method depends on. I had done a few before this drawing but I believe this was the first time I spent a significant amount of time letting different patterns overlap each other.

I really enjoyed the process of drawing this tangle. I could really see my art developing into something I could count as my own. I was still in the process of figuring it out but this was the beginning of being on the right track. Eventually I added shading and different sized patterns for more dimension, and color for more interest.

Something I say quite a lot is that even if you use a technique that has previously been developed, find a way to make your art distinguishable from others creating the same type of art. To mimic another's art is a good way to get started in a new field of the world of art. However, if you continue to mimic, it will be really difficult to develop your own style. It may take awhile to figure out your own style, but keep trying and you will figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment