Thursday, January 25, 2018

Zentangle on Patterned Scrapbook Paper

Let me start off by saying that I really love this drawing. It was a lot of fun to do. I think part of the reason it was so fun is that the pattern on the scrapbook paper took the pressure off to create a completely original drawing. Using a page like scrapbook paper or coloring pages to have portions already blocked off for patterns is a great way to practice new patterns.

There's a lot of ways to practice new patterns and using scrapbook paper or coloring pages is one way. I like to use this method after I've figured out the basics of different patterns and I'm ready to see new patterns together. This is a great way of discovering what patterns work well together and what patterns should be separate on a page.


No comments:

Post a Comment