Thursday, January 4, 2018

Black and Red Zentangle

For this tangle, I was really looking forward to using this new ribbon technique that I taught myself. I like the way the ribbons turned out, I just wish that the patterns looked a little more polished, but I keep reminding myself that I was still learning new patterns at this stage of my channel. I practiced the ribbons over and over again, but only practiced that patterns a handful of times.

One thing I like about this drawing is the way the shading looks. It was something I was still trying to perfect at the time and I think it looks really nice. I can't remember exactly how long this drawing took to complete but what I do know is that the shading took longer than it would now. I guess the more you practice something, the easier it is to accomplish and the less time it will take to create.

This tangle is one that I plan on trying again soon with my own patterns, maybe with different colored ribbons.


No comments:

Post a Comment