Thursday, January 18, 2018

Mandala Flower and Vines

Wow, I am not 100% sure what to say about this drawing. I am very surprised at the popularity of this video. It was a very simple drawing that only took a little over an hour to draw.

The design was inspired from a Google image search. I cannot find the original image although I've looked several times. I was hoping to show how you can use images as inspiration without completely copying the image.

I do like the way the final image looks. This was one of the first mandalas I drew that wasn't using a compass. I sort of let the mandala grow naturally and eye-balled the divisions of the mandala. I must admit that I didn't put as much effort into this drawing as I have for others. This is one of the reasons I am so surprised that the video has over 200,000 views.

When I look at some of my most viewed videos/drawings, I've noticed that a lot of them are ones that I didn't overthink and over-plan. Sometimes just letting things be a little simple and not trying to hard is what people are looking for. I think this is because it lets people know that it's something that they can do if they put their mind to. Simple drawings aren't as intimidating the way more detailed drawings can be. That's just me guessing at the popularity, but I can't say for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment