Thursday, February 19, 2015

Trying New Supplies

By the end of January 2013 I was getting the urge to try something different. I know this isn't a tangle but I had a lot of fun creating this. I really wanted to try a drawing using pastels for color. It was a method I loved in high school but hadn't used too much since then. I love organic patterns that remind me of nature, but as I was just re-learning pastels, I thought I needed something larger to really show the blending of colors.

Although I'm not 100% in love with the finished product, I loved the process. It was the first time it really struck me how important challenging myself was. I believe I've continued to challenge myself. Since this day I've learned (or re-learned) several new ways of expressing myself through tangling...although not everything works out as planned.

A word of advice: Don't become stagnant with art. Try new methods and enjoy the process as much as possible.

Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment