Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Using Negative Space

This was from May 2013. I was trying to think of something different to do and thought of having negative space for a picture and drawing tangle patterns (Zentangle style) around it.

This is not a very technical drawing but I must admit that I really like it. I used patterns that were kind of new to me and a few of my favorites.

I am constantly going back to this drawing and thinking I should do more negative space tangles but this is the only one I've done. I'm not sure why, maybe just because I get other ideas that override the desire to make a negative space tangle.

I did use a bit of shading with a Prismacolor marker. I'm not to pleased with how well it was done but I was very proud of myself for not being afraid to shade. It definitely looks better with the shading and that was the goal!

The video commentary was a bit different. I don't normally talk about things in the news, but I came across an article that made me quite angry so I shared it. Anyway here is the video....

No comments:

Post a Comment