Monday, March 16, 2015

1000 Subscribers?!

This drawing and this video still make me smile. I never thought I would reach 1000 subscribers and my goal for my channel was to reach 500 subscribers by the end of the year. The fact that I had doubled my goal in six months (June 29, 2013) made me realize that I was right to start the channel to begin with. It is amazing to me now that I have close to 35,000 subscribers. I can't even comprehend that many people watching my videos!

I remember smiling the whole time I was drawing this and thinking about how happy I was that I went with my gut and started the channel. I still hadn't gotten a first paycheck from YouTube videos, so it certainly was not the money that was keeping me going. It was the comments, the inbox messages and the words of encouragement that I would receive on all of my videos that kept me going. I was still trying to figure things out as far as how I was going to put my "Stamp" on what I do. I knew I wanted to be able to put a drawing out in the world and my followers to clearly see "Yes, that was done by Tiffany Lovering" but I hadn't figured out how just yet. It was around this time that I was starting to put tangle patterns inside of real life things like a dog, butterfly horse...(I discuss this more in my next post).

I am grateful for every single one of my subscribers. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am now. I think about this a lot. If I had just kept my drawings to myself, if I hadn't uploaded that first video, if I hadn't put my work out into the world what on earth would I be doing right now? Editing books and writing novels is my guess, but I certainly can't say for sure. I had no idea what my YouTube channel would lead to when I started. There's no way I could imagine that I would have 3 DVD's released and a drawing book coming out soon. I also had no idea I would be teaching online classes for my drawing style.

I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw that I reached 1000 subscribers. It was a huge sense of accomplishment. Every single time I reach a milestone on my channel, I think back to when I reached 1000 subscribers because it was the first time I knew I was reaching people by doing something I loved. There's no better feeling than that I don't think.

Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment